Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine: Is a program that allows the request from the form or URL, searches the index, and profits the search applications to the server.
Search engine optimization is the method of helping the visibility of a website in search engines. It allows search engines find and place your website greater in results. SEO allows you get traffic from search engines.
Working of Search Engines:
Search engines execute several actions to provide search results:
Crawling : Is the procedure of getting all the websites linked to a web site. A crawler is a software program that browses the websites and used to create copy of all frequented websites. This software is known as crawler or spider in case of google it is known as Googlebot.
Indexing: Is the procedure of creating index for all the fetched websites and placing them into a database. The index is stored in index file, in which the search engine will find them.
Processing: The search engine optimization processes when request comes and compares the indexed pages in database.
Relevancy: Search engine determines the relevance of each of the websites in its index to the search sequence.
Retrieving: Search engines recover the best matched outcomes and display them in the browser.
Two ways of doing SEO:
- Off-Page SEO
- On-Page SEO
Is providing excellent content, right keywords,placing keywords on correct places, giving appropriate title to every web page. on-page optimization which covers what can be done on the webpages of the website. On-Page Optimizing can be defined as: factors effect on your web site that will be listed in the natural search engine optimization search engine webpages.
On-Page SEO Checklist:
- Keyword selection, testing and research
- Meta Description tag
- Internal linking technique
- H1 tags
- URL structure
- ALT tags
- Keyword density
- Site maps
- Assume results in 6-12 months
Common mistakes in on page SEO:
- Duplicate content
- URL variants
- Off-site images
- Duplicate tags
On Page Optimizing Factors:
- Keyword Research –Keywords are the most important in Seo see that the right keyword is optimized for your web page. Keywords are strings that describe the content of your web site best .Use Google Keyword Suggestion Tool which allows you to type in a word or phrase associated with the subject.
- Optimize Keywords in URL –Create sure your URL is optimized for search engines and fill your website with keywords appropriate to the topic. Create your file names appropriate to the content contained with-in the site .
- Optimize Keywords in Title Tag –The title tag is most important to increase your search-engine positions for a particular keyword or keyword phrase. Search-engines will show the title tag at the top of each product in the listings web page (SERPs). Minimize your title tags to 65 characters.
- Optimize Keywords in Description Meta Tag –Optimize every meta description tag on your web site because they are displaying information that visitors see your site is listed in the search engine results pages.They are essential in increasing user click-through from search engine result pages (SERPs).Note that your post should not to exceed 160 characters.
- Optimize Keywords inHeading Tags–h1, h2, h3 tags – Use the header tags to implement importance to subjects on your web page and consist of keyword words or phrases .The h1 tag should be just like the title tag and use only one h1 tag for your article, however recurring h2 lower tags are acceptable are appropriate.
- Optimize Keywords in Anchor Text –Anchor-text is linkable terminology that would be involved in your routing to outside resources, and inner linking within your site.Visitors should have easy route to linking webpages from every page of your website will help decrease your jump rate.
- Optimize Keyword Density –Keyword Density is number of times your keyword or keyword appears on the site , versus the number of words on the site.
- Text Modifiers to Emphasize Your Keywords –Use theBOLD or STRONG tags to emphasize your keyword or keyword phrase at least once.
- Optimize Image ALT tag –Image optimizations are involved in SEO best methods and help in identifying relevance as spiders crawl the site. Name the pictures with dash-separated search phrases, and complete the Alt feature with a short descriptive phrase and dont use same Alt Image tag more than once.
- Off-Page SEO
Off page SEO is doing things off site to improve your sites internet seo positions. The only thing you can do off site to increase your positions is build up more links. More links will generally lead to better Google PageRank and better internet seo positions This includes link-building, increasing link-building by submitting in open directories, google, exchanging links etc.
- Directory Submission
- Social Bookmarking
- Article Submission
- Classifieds Submission
- Forum Postings
- Search Engine Submission
- Press Release Promotion
SEO techniques are classified into two broad categories:
1. White Hat SEO:
An SEO strategy is considered as White Hat if it follows the followings:
- If it is in accordance to the search engine rules.
- If it does not includes any fraud.
- It guarantees that the content a look for search engine crawls
- It guarantees that a Web Page content created for the users and not just for the search engines.
- It guarantees the high quality of the web pages
- It guarantees the useful content available on the web pages.
2. Black Hat SEO:
- Redirecting users from a web page that is built for search engines to one that is more individual friendly.
- Serving one edition of a web page to look for website optimization spiders/bots and another edition to human visitors. This is known as Cloaking SEO tactic.
- Using Hidden or invisible text or with the site background color, using a tiny font size or hiding them within the HTML code such as “no frame” sections.
- Repeating keywords in the Meta tags, and using keywords that are unrelated to the site’s content. This is known as Meta tag stuffing.
- Determined position of keywords and phrases within a web page to raise the search term count, variety, and density of the site. This is known as Keyword stuffing .
- Developing low-quality websites that contain very little material but are instead stuffed with very identical key material. These webpages are known as Doorway or Gateway Pages.
- Reflection websites by hosting multiple websites all with conceptually identical content but using different URLs.
- Developing a fake copy of a popular web site which shows material just like the original to a web spider, but redirects to irrelevant or harmful web websites. This is known as Page hijacking.
SEO Major Benefits:
SEO can improve the variety of visitors who search for your products or services .
- To research important activities of search engine optimization can make your website more available to all users.
- You can focus on users who are looking for items which are exactly relevant to your company and improve brand credit and identification.
- Writing content which are carefully relevant to your product becomes to improve public protection.
- To achieve your company’s objectives SEO is necessary if you are doing internet business.